Quoting Raymond Norton (admin at support.lctn.k12.mn.us):
> > You CAN run squid on port 80!  You just can't run both squid AND your
> > web server on port 80.  Will squid do redirection?  Could you get it to
> > redirect queries intended for your local web server to another port and
> > then run your webserver on that other port?
> > OR
> > you could assign another IP address to your
> > webserver on the same interface.
>

> This is the kind of thing I was hoping for. Would it work just to add a
> second nic, and NAT the public IP for the web site to the new private
> IP,and of course edit httpd.conf to bind to the new address? Or can you add
> a second IP to a single nic, and do the rest mentioned?

I'd not recommend this solution, but if you must do it.

Make the web server bind to one interface and port, look at the BindAddress and
Listen directives of apache (www.apache.org).

Make squid bind to the internal ip address and port 80.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500