Hi,
I have to upgrade from a 2.2.x kernel to a 2.4.x kernel to gain some
needed functionality.  Currently I'm running Caldera OpenLinux but I
figure since I have to upgrade now would be a good time to switch
distributions.  Anyway, asking which distribution is "best" would
probably be useless and just start a never ending debate but I would
like to hear any pros and cons you have run into with various distro's.
Thanks,
Ben.

PS this box is going to be functioning as a router/proxy between my LAN
and the internet if that helps in forming comments.