On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 10:05:01PM -0600, David Blevins wrote:
> Been trying since this morning to get sendmail setup to host mail for a
> couple domains I have. I have O'Rielly's Sendmail book (second edition) and
> have been scrapping the web.  I'm a few chapters into the sendmail book and
> have learned a lot, but not enough to get it to accept mail for my domain
> yet.
>
> Does anyone know of any other web resources, or have any advice for the
> sendmail newbie?  Not looking for trouble-shooting, just any pointers you
> think a new sendmail admin should know.

If you run Red Hat (gasp!) there's a very easy sendmail setup via linuxconf,
I believe it's called something else in 7.2, but it's all there somewhere,
the last time I glanced at it there were simply little places to put the
domains you want to recieve mail for, and the options you wanted for those
domains. Excellent for the new user until he/she can figure out the wonderful
stuff in /etc/mail/.