I have had a few problems getting it to work but I found the best way to
start is by running gpilotd from the command line.  You might get better
error messages.  You might have to kill the running daemon before you
start gpilotd to get it to work.  Also, I found that I had to start the
sync on the palm before starting gpilotd.

I have found that there's a lot of work that needs to be done, but it's
pretty usable.  (For what it's worth, I still can't get the evolution
address conduit to work.)

Dave