On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 09:46:27PM -0600, Scott Dier wrote:
> * Samir M. Nassar <nassarsa at redconcepts.net> [020320 21:00]:
> > You have to hand it to Red Hat, they not only care about their business
>
> However, instead of working with their fully able customers to create a
> 'enterprise' level operating system, they decide to pull it all in house
> and not allow collabration with users.

The decision to create a separate 'enterprise' system makes a lot of
sense for Red Hat.  It gives them (and the linux community) a credible
way to address customers' concerns about RH's history of "dot uh-oh"
syndrome.

The centralized decision making process is not all bad either. Sometimes
it's better to move forward with a less-than-perfect product than spend
too much time haggling over how to make it perfect.

> Wow, I'm really happy we stopped the redhat train after 6.2 and I can
> collabrate with others on projects for debian, where I actually have
> some input on what happens and its with mindshare, not money.

I think Debian is a high quality distro.  Yay Debian!

Joel