On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 21:46, Scott Dier wrote:
<cite>
> However, instead of working with their fully able customers to create a
> 'enterprise' level operating system, they decide to pull it all in house
> and not allow collabration with users.
</cite>

I had this nice, long reply written out to this when I remembered that
the TCLUGML is not a place to hash out protracted me vs. you diatribes.

Linux is a kissing cousin of UNIX and BSD and that is just fine.

If you use
Debian/RedHat/Conectiva/Gentoo/Lycoris/Slackware/SUSE/Mandrake/etc. then
that is fine.

If you run Linux/UNIX/BSD on i386/SPARC/PPC/Mac then that is just fine.

So Red Hat doesn't work for you... boo hoo. Use something else, in the
end it is Open Source and can be modified.

Samir M. Nassar
'Open Source, Open Systems, Open Borders, Open Minds'