Quoting Scott Dier (dieman at ringworld.org):
> 2wire makes some nice DSL based 'routers' that work well enough for
> windows users.  Downside ive seen of them is that they require a windows
> box for the initial firmware upload, after that, its all web-based.  I
> wonder how hard it would be to convince them that linux is an emerging
> market for their product for 'easy' DSL provisioning.  Lots of big-bell
> companies seem to be moving to them from cisco, too.  But as for the
> firewalling/natting/etc it does a nice job, and its a very nice little
> product.  I dont know how much it is with dsl, mine here at home was
> $200 for without dsl/wireless.  (Recently retired the 486, wanted to get
> away from running all my own hardware because I'm running out of time
> these days.  little embedded machines with 'easy' software are nice sometimes.)

Just so this get's archived for future reference.

I think you are talking about this:

http://www.2wire.com/products/hpspecs.html

The HomePortal 1000 Series, right?

It lists for around $280 (average price for CDW, Office Depot, CompUSA)

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500