* Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> [020318 15:39]:
> Any internal DSL cards for Linux?
>
> Cisco EOL'd the 675, and 678, I think a internal DSL card for Linux would make a
> cost effective "router" to the Internet.

2wire makes some nice DSL based 'routers' that work well enough for
windows users.  Downside ive seen of them is that they require a windows
box for the initial firmware upload, after that, its all web-based.  I
wonder how hard it would be to convince them that linux is an emerging
market for their product for 'easy' DSL provisioning.  Lots of big-bell
companies seem to be moving to them from cisco, too.  But as for the
firewalling/natting/etc it does a nice job, and its a very nice little
product.  I dont know how much it is with dsl, mine here at home was
$200 for without dsl/wireless.  (Recently retired the 486, wanted to get
away from running all my own hardware because I'm running out of time
these days.  little embedded machines with 'easy' software are nice sometimes.)

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/