Hello, it's me again. I now find I'm having a more basic problem with gcc. A
week or so ago, I typed in code for "Hello, World!" to see what happens. I
did gcc hello.c on the source code file, in my shell environment, and then
typed "hello" at the command prompt and got "Hello, World!"  Fine.

I then installed some packages that seemed to be missing from glibc for gcc
and make. I was able to get something to happen for a mysql program I'm
working on (I think). However, I just now try to go back and do gcc on a
program similar to Hello world to see if everything is working. I now get
"Permission denied" error messages when I enter the compiled program name at
the command prompt. I don't remember changing directories for any of these
programs, and I'm still using my regular non-root user account, so any ideas
on what I mucked up?

Marc