On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 02:19:55PM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:

> > > You mean I'm not the only one who does that?
> >
> > Wow.  Maybe there should be a support group for info-torture victims.
> > I also dislike info and wouldn't mind if it were replaced with a more
> > widely used hypertext format such as HTML (or maybe DocBook SGML).
>
> I think you like the contents but dilike info _presentation_ I suppose.
>
> Texinfo can generate HTML output.

Actually, I've also been annoyed by the _contents_ of man pages that
have a "SEE ALSO" section that says "The full documentation for xyz is
maintained as a Texinfo manual. [...] info xyz should give you access to
the complete manual.", then I go look at the info entry and it contains
the same information as the man page, only broken up into about 5-10
different sections.  Not a stellar "SEE ALSO" recommendation.  Thanks
info, I really wanted to comb through all that cr*p twice.

Joel