Yes, they will make you have phone service from them.  Of course, they'll
also try to make you have call-waiting, caller-id, 3-way calling, memory
dialing, and every other "feature" they have.  And if you say you don't want
them, they'll put it on anyway.  Qwest need to just go away.

I have a cable modem, and it's not that bad.  I can't host on it, but
download speeds are faster.

Jay