> Umm... Nate?  Carl? You two are AGAINST modding a case and adding LEDs to
> it?

not me. I'm all in favor of more blinky lights.
http://www.redchrome.org/desk.htm
(I ought to take a closeup of my LCD panel).

for gladiator tho; I really don't care much about the blinkies, since it's
going to be on the top shelf in the server room most of the time. I really
fail to see why Nate wants to hook all the drive lights to a single LED. ;>

best solution would be to get an LCD panel from Crystalfontz or Matrix
Orbital; and use that to display drive activity (and disk utilization, and
load, and # of users, etc.) http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

they're not cheap tho; at about $70-80 for a 2-line LCD in its bracket; and
$160-$170 for the fancy 4-line VFD. (http://www.bit-tech.net/article/63/
using it to decorate one of the coolest cases I've ever seen).

Carl.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises