    TAJ> Any links/sources to back up either point of view?
    >> I thought that most of those scientists were exported to the US during
    >> the post-war occupation of germany...
    >>> And to think that we have a shuttle program to talk about, thanks
    >>> in part to all the scientists (rocket and other) who fled their
    >>> homelands for the U.S. during Hitler's reign.

This isn't really a POV sorta issue.  Any encyclopedia should have
information about, for example, the wartime history of Werner von
Braun.  The Peenemunde manufacture of the V2 certainly used slave
labor.  Claims differ about how bad this was.  But there's no question
about the fact that the US picked up pieces of the V2 program, nor
that the USSR picked up whatever rocket scientists it could find on
its side of the partition of Germany.

Can't cite a particular book, but it should be easy to find one.  Try
an in-depth history of the space program or of WWII.