On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 11:08:40AM -0600, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I set IPCOP up last week, and it is pretty cool. I posted this question on
> their newsgroup. I have 3 web and mail servers. Is there a way to put
> them on a DMZ or on the green interface and forward services to the
> individual boxes.

Yes.  This is called port forwarding.  You would not need any fancy DNS
zones, which is completely unrelated.  You only need a few IPTables or
IPChains rules to forward port connection requests to the specific IP
addresses.

    --->Pix--->IPCOP-->SERVERS
                 `---->WORKSTATIONS

It's fairly straight-forward, but sometimes the unitiated can get
confused (I know I did).  There's definitely a lot to learn about
advanced routing and filtering, so don't get discouraged.

Best bet.  Get someone to help you and initiate you, otherwise read the
HTML docs provided with the tools and set up a test network using spare
PC's.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)