On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 10:06:46PM -0600, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I've been googling and browsing the docs at apache.org, but I haven't
> found a good answer to the question of how to set up cgi-bin directories
> for the users on a Linux server running apache.
>
> It looks like I need a way to add those directories to the ScriptAlias
> directive. Is it possible to use a regex for that?
>
> If Joe User wants to run a cgi script, what do the permissions need to
> be on /home/joeuser/public_html/cgi-bin ?

Something like the following should work (based on an excerpt from
Debian's /etc/apache/access.conf file):

<DirectoryMatch ^/home/.*/public_html/cgi-bin>
Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
</DirectoryMatch>

Relevant documentation:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#directorymatch