Quoting Dave Sherohman (esper at sherohman.org):
> I don't know how much good it'll do you, since I'm using the
> debianized versions instead of rpms or building from source, but I
> run that combination without any trouble.  The one thing that held me
> up at first was that I forgot to add a "user = list" to each driver
> config in exim.conf.

> Are you adding each list to your alias file(s) manually or using the
> exim-specific method (documented, IIRC, in the mailman-exim-HOWTO)
> which lets exim find the lists magically without editing aliases?

Automagic-exim-specific way.

> And, finally, what happens to the messages after exim receives them?
> Are they bounced, frozen, or just vanishing?

The messages get put into the web archive, but never get sent to the subsribers,
so they just vanish.

#
# Home dir for mailman
#
MAILMAN_HOME=/var/mailman

#
# Wrapper script for mailman
#
MAILMAN_WRAP=MAILMAN_HOME/mail/wrapper

#
# User and group for mailman
#
MAILMAN_UID=exim
MAILMAN_GID=exim

#
# Three transports for list mail, request mail and admin mail respectively
# Mailman is installed in MAILMAN_HOME
# Mailman is configured to be invoked as user exim
#
list_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_WRAP post ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

list_request_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_WRAP mailcmd ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

list_admin_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_WRAP mailowner ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

#
# Directors section [this deals with local addresses]
#
# First 2 directors rewrite list-owner or owner-list to list-admin This is only
# done if the list exists.  # List existence checks are done by seeing if the
# file MAILMAN_HOME/lists//config.db exists.
#
list_owner_director:
        driver = smartuser
        require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
        suffix = "-owner"
        new_address = "${lc:$local_part}-admin@${domain}"

owner_list_director:
        driver = smartuser
        require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
        prefix = "owner-"
        new_address = "${lc:$local_part}-admin@${domain}"

#
# Next 3 directors direct admin, request and list mail to the appropriate
# transport.  List existence is checked as above.
#
list_admin_director:
driver = smartuser
        suffix = -admin
        require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
        transport = list_admin_transport

list_request_director:
        driver = smartuser
        suffix = -request
        require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
        transport = list_request_transport

list_director:
        driver = smartuser
        require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
        transport = list_transport

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500