> <distrowar>
> This is simply not true.  I've installed Debian at least a dozen
> times, and never had to install the base on floppies.  Although
> I *did* download the images when I was thinking about trying to
> install Debian on an old 386 laptop with no CDROM.  :-)

[note: I'm talking about a 'net install for the people who either
don't have a CD-ROM drive on the system in question, don't have
a burner, or don't feel like downloading the massive amount of CDs
they don't need]

What do you think those 6(?) floppies are? Yes, I eventually used
toms root-boot to get the system up (1 floppy!) then wget'd the
base tgz from there, but it was a non-standard and non-supported
method of running the install.

> Once you start changing parameters, does it matter if
> your tool is vi or kudzu?

Lots of people seem to think so.

> I have never been harassed by Debian zealots, unless you count that
> one time they tied me up in the woods.  But that was an anomaly,
> I'm told.

You got off easy..