rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions about how to find and use the compose
> key?  I'd like to type some e-grave's and can't figure out how to do
> it.  I have a Mandrake 8.2 box (French, go figure, you'd think this
> would be easy).  The config files seem to indicate that Compose would
> be on PrintScrn, but no dice, as far as I can tell.....
>
> Please tell me this can be done without editing xkms....  That way
> lies madness --- I'd rather just type \'{e}....

you could xmodmap the Compose key to PrintScrn

excerpt from man xmodmap:

        Many applications support the notion of Meta keys (similar
        to  Control  keys except that Meta is held down instead of
        Control).  However, some servers do not have a Meta keysym
        in  the  default keymap table, so one needs to be added by
        hand.  The following  command  will  attach  Meta  to  the
        Multi-language  key (sometimes labeled Compose Character).
        It also takes advantage of the fact that applications that
        need  a  Meta key simply need to get the keycode and don't
        require the keysym to be in the first column of the keymap
        table.   This means that applications that are looking for
        a Multi_key (including the  default  modifier  map)  won't
        notice any change.

             %  xmodmap -e "keysym Multi_key = Multi_key Meta_L"

just replace the Meta_L reference with Print

if it works you can make a .xmodmap file and have it executed when you
start x

Eric