On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 01:47:49PM -0500, Amy Tanner wrote:
> I'm thinking of setting up spamassassin and according to:
>
> http://spamassassin.org/sitewide.html
>
> ...there are several ways of setting up site-wide.  I noticed MIMEDefang
> listed as an option to filter viruses & spam, which looked like a nice
> option.
>
> Anyone using this and care to comment?  Pros/cons on using this versus
> other options?

We are experimenting with spamassassin at the procmailrc level on a
per-user basis.  However, we are scanning for viruses with amavis backed
by clam antivirus.  It seems to work VERY well for identifying and
quarantining viruses.  And spamassassin rarely misses on the email I
elect to have it scan.  (The spamd/spamc combo is very nice).

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie