Hey,

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Amy Tanner wrote:

> I've got a bunch of sparc boxes (9 Sun Ultra 10s and 1 Sun Enterprise 3500)
> that I'd like to put linux on.

Why oh WHY do you want to do that?

Ok, on Ultra-10s, maybe, but why put Linux on an E3500?

Now, I have in fact installed Linux on an E-3500. Worked fine, even with
the weirdo disk array conneected to it. But Solaris on the same machine
was faster and more stable. Solaris 8 is free, too.

I know people think I'm flame-baiting whenever I go on a seemingly
anti-linux thing, but please understand that occasionally there are
situations where Linux is not the best choice. Of course, you do have the
advantage of experience with Linux in this case, but is going from Red Hat
to debian really all THAT different than going from Red Hat to Solaris? (:

-Yaron