On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 03:42:51PM -0500, Amy Tanner wrote:
> I've got a bunch of sparc boxes (9 Sun Ultra 10s and 1 Sun Enterprise 3500)
> that I'd like to put linux on.  I was thinking debian would probably be
> my best choice, since all our other workstations are redhat using APT.
> The boxes are out of state and I'd like to do the install remotely
> if possible.  I can probably get someone at the other end to put in a
> boot floppy/CD as needed, but I'd like the process automated if possible.
> I use RedHat's kickstart for all our other linux boxes and would like to
> do something similar.

I run Debian on Sparc and the places you'll want to start looking
on the Debian Sparc port page[1].

As for kickstart like alternatives on Debian, there's an article
on this topic up right now on Debian Planet [2].  I have never
done it myself, but it sounds like you might want to look into
FAI[3].

  1. http://www.debian.org/ports/sparc/
  2. http://www.debianplanet.org/article.php?thold=0&mode=nested&order=2&sid=697
  3. http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/