On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 05:42:56PM -0500, Duncan Shannon wrote:
> Well, i guess this isint too off topic, as it applies to people who use
> linux their job, but mostly re: your jobs.
>
> I moved here from boston, and am kinda outta touch of the tech scene here.
>
> Not asking any overly personal details... but what would be considered
> "average" linux sysadmin salary around here with 2-5 years experience?
>  In boston, i think that you could safely be in the $60K+ range.

I'd say $60K would be on the high end personally.

> Along with that, but more vauge... what's an average number of days off
> a year given to salaried employes? My Employer things we are *above*
> average at 10 days. Sheesh.

If you're making the $60K, i'd accept 10 days, if you're making around $40K
I was getting 23.2375 days per year (7.15 hours per pay period) at my last
systems administrator job.

> thanks for your input.

There are actually websites out there where you can compare your salary..
(and present something to your boss to let them know you're not BS'ing)

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203