> are you failing to authentication to the share that you're exporting?
> there are some issues with the authentication mechanisms that are used
> by NT 4.0 SP-foo and later where you either need to use a different
> password mechanism (a variant of digest iirc) or you need to tell the
> windows box to use a different format on the wire.  this is in the faq.

I am using the same account and password I use from my NT box

The XP box sees the samba box in a search by IP, but it cannot see shares.

If I do a net use command It says: "No service is operating at the
destination network endpoint on the remote system"

The XP box can see shares on NT, and NT can see the XP, and samba shares.