What does it mean when you get "blacklisting" in the log as the modem is
trying to connect?
I have been frustrated/disappointed by the amount of time it takes for
the modem to connect - nearly three minutes - and never getting more
then 26400 connection speed.  So last night I thought I'd try changing
different settings to see what would happen and aside from no
improvements I called it quits when this message kept coming up.
I have a 56k external modem and I'm using Mandrake-Linux 8.2.  Btw,
thanks Real-Time.com (Nate and Bob) for making copies for me.  I
appreciate it very much.
Any help on what I can do to tweak the modem or whatever I need to do
would be great.  I connect to the U's modem pool and when I called the
help line and mentioned that I was using Linux I got a big
"huuuuhhhh...." - I figured that was pretty much the end of that
conversation at that point.