Try to set the card to have an IP address of something unroutable, and not
on your network.  Then use dhcpcd -h 'hostname' eth0

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of erik at ehanson.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 4:38 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] HELP AT&T broke my DHCP client!

I too have called them a number of times and have gotten no
usefull information.  I do get an error when I try to get
an IP address of DHCP.  The error is:

DHCPACK from 24.34.242.34 rejected due to bogus yiaddr of
0.0.0.0

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Thanks.
-Erik

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:15:24 -0500
 "Phil Doroff" <phil21 at five-elements.com> wrote:
> So, want to explain the process (since you apparently
> know it and are
> witholding) of "registering" your Linux box?
>
> I could swap NIC's, yes.  But what happens when I get a
> new one?  It's just
> fixing a symptom, not the real issue.
>
> Fact is, AT&T changed shit and broke it badly for a
> subset of it's users.
> Granted, Linux isn't supported (and really shouldn't be),
> but they will not
> take kindly to you telling them you have a linux box that
> doesn't work.
> They went from a (more or less) standards based setup to
> some proprietary
> junk, and it's up to groups of users like this one to
> figure it out.
>
> My numerous calls about registering my "laptop's" MAC
> address have all been
> met with a "oh, just plug it in and it will work fine"
> response.  Obviously
> this is not the case.  Obviously the MAC needs to be
> registered somewhere,
> and I for one am unable to do so.  That little page they
> have ceases to work
> after you do it the first time.
>
> -Phil

---