> Have you checked DSL recently?
>
> Qwest just relaxed their requirements, so a lot of people can
> get it now who couldn't before.

I checked about 6 months ago.  Even if I can get it, I don't know if I want
to give Qwest any money.  I'm Qwest free now thanks to Vonage.com.

> If you're out of DSL range, your local loop is probably
> $350-$400/mo, so finding a full T1 (not metered bandwidth)
> for $700/mo is an _extremely_ good deal.

Qwest's loop fee to my place is $210 a month.  Although, when Onvoy was
running their $299 T1 deal awhile back, they (onvoy) tacked on a $420 loop
fee.  I nailed them on this and they said they'd "work with me" on it, but
they wouldn't go below $350, so Onvoy is jacking the price on the loop fee,
paying qwest their share and keeping the rest.

> Got any decent line of sight to him?
>
> You could set up wireless to him instead of one of the
> wireless companies.

I might.  He would need a mast antenna though, and since his lot is small,
it can't be very tall.  I'm in brooklyn park, and the max height of your
antenna is dictated by how many feet back it is from the road (1 foot of
antenna for every 5 feet from the road, or something like that).  My lot is
220 feet deep, so I can get high enough, but I don't know if he can.  I
would doubt much would happen if either of us went too high.  As long as the
antenna is painted to blend in, most neighbors probably won't report it as
an eyesore.

I'd probably be able to hit my place of employment, but getting our building
to let us put things on the roof is nearly impossible.  I don't want to be
connected to this network anyway.

Jay