On Wednesday 05 June 2002 07:35, James Spinti wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 10:27, bneigebauer at attbi.com wrote:
> > I just installed Redhat 7.1 (only CD's I had at the
> > time) on another system. I can't get the machine to get
> > an IP from AT&T's DHCP server.
> >
> > I switched the ethernet card from my Windows machine
> > (the one that's registered with AT&T) and put it in my
> > linux machine, but its not getting an IP.
> >
> > Any thoughts or hints?
>
> What DHCP client are you using?  Pump will not work...

This dhcp combo works with AT&T cable (got it from my Slack 8 box)

 PACKAGE NAME:     dhcp
        COMPRESSED PACKAGE SIZE:     182 K
        UNCOMPRESSED PACKAGE SIZE:     460 K
        PACKAGE LOCATION: diskn1
        PACKAGE MD5SUM: 8bff580096b4133bee3a1fd2c7889832
        PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
        dhcp:     dhcp-2.0pl5, dhcpcd-1.3.20-pl0
        dhcp:
        dhcp:     This package provides DHCP utilities for Linux, including
        dhcp:  both  servers and clients.

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ