From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Wayne Johnson
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 9:38 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Committee Idea

I just had a meeting with our Victory Neighborhood Association web
committee.  I think I sold them on the idea of using Linux for their web
project.  I've also been working with a friend in setting up a computer
network for Prism, a service organization (food bank, elderly services,
etc.) im Robbinsdale.  There we had some discussions of a cooperative
database with other such organizations via Linux as a VPN gateway.  In
addition, my Wife & Daughter's school is also actively using Linux for
networking services.

All these organizations are very interested in doing more with Linux,
but has a need to learn more, as well as acquire a base of linux
literate volunteers.

I would also like to be involved in this sort of project, to try and get
a bit of synergy from such an organization.  If nothing else, to set up
a set of seminars/presentation on using Linux in a Non-profit.

http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/