On Wednesday 24 July 2002 12:09, Ryan Ware wrote:
> Nor is windows, solaris, hp-ux, aix, mac, ps2 (well maybe
> ps2 is :))  I didn't mean to start a flame fest.   I hope I made
> some valid points and caused some self examination.  A broader point
> is that to be taken seriously we should not denigrate the OS's and
> products of others.  For the record I admin, windows, linux and
> solaris.  Yes the linux and solaris take less of my time because
> they are more reliable, on the other hand, most of the functionality
> that our users notice or like come from the windows servers and
> cannot be easily replaced by another OS.
>
> > It is fairly obvious to all here what Ryan's opinion is, Linux
> > isn't
> > the solution for all problems.

Yes and apparently MS-IIS is where it is at for web server software:

The site www.interplastic.com is running Microsoft-IIS/4.0 on NT4/Windows 98.

I was also wondering if any calendaring software exists besides Outlook /
Exchange, but guess none exists because they are not exactly the same as
Outlook/Exchange.

I think the original question was about alternatives, not about if people on
a linux user group mailing list should censor Linux solutions to a need.

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ