On Friday 26 July 2002 06:20 am, Ryan Ware wrote:
> Shoddy end user software...  Currently a lot of end user programs in
> KDE, or GNOME are broken and segfault regularly, far more than
> Windows counter parts.  Two that come to mind for me are GNUCash,
> and Moneydance.  I can't remember the last time Quicken crashed on
> me.  Windows does not have a monopoly on crashing.

No, it doesn't.  But, in contrast, the crown jewels of the Windows world --
the OS itself, Word, Outlook etc. -- do tend to have a lot of problems, while
in the *nix world, it's quite the opposite, simply because the perceived
importance of the more important programs leads to more people working on
finding and correcting bugs and inadequacies.  It's one of the key values of
the whole open source concept.