Shoddy end user software...  Currently a lot of end user programs in
KDE, or GNOME are broken and segfault regularly, far more than
Windows counter parts.  Two that come to mind for me are GNUCash,
and Moneydance.  I can't remember the last time Quicken crashed on
me.  Windows does not have a monopoly on crashing.