On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Mike Nielsen wrote:

> I have been looking for a "good" replacement for exchange and there isn't
> one.

This really bothers me.  Awhile back, all the geeks I knew were yelling
about how there's no Exchange alternative (it came up frequently here,
too).  Ximian had a statement on their website about how there was
"no interest" in making an Exchange replacement.  I see now that they
have Ximian Connector, which is a true Outhouse replacement as it does all
the Exchange stuff just fine.

I think Evolution rocks, I just have 2 complaints.  A) they don't have a
windows port B) they don't have an exchange server replacement.  If they
can get connected to an exchange server, why can't they go the other way
and get Outhouse to connect to an Evolution server?  People use Outhouse
because in terms of features, it is the best free e-mail client for
Windows.  Eudora is bulky and to get the good functionality you have to
shell out $$ for the pro version.  Evolution does everything that Outhouse
users want, without all the bugs and security problems.  Why can't it be
ported to Windows?

-Brian