Joel Rosenberg wrote:

> Realistically, if you're going to be having folks running Windows boxes,
> you're going to have to support Exchange Server, will be less than trying to
> use any of the few available *nix groupware applications.  As somebody else
> pointed out, the scheduling stuff is the bottleneck.  Email can be handled
> easily with any number of servers and applications -- but, with all its
> faults, Exchange does do a good job of group calendaring and scheduling,
> particularly the negotiation part, and I've not been able to find a *nix
> replacement that works with Outlook -- and you're not going to get everybody
> involved to drop Outlook, more than likely.

The Horde Project (http://www.horde.org/) looks like it has plans to
eventually get there, but no timelines.
 From the FAQ:
"Kronolith [http://www.horde.org/kronolith/] is a web-based calendar and
daily organizer (think Day-Timer). It currently provides a robust
web-based calendar for individual users with repeating events, and a
smart algorithm to display a whole day of events even if many of them
overlap with each other. Future plans include support for shared
calendars, merging multiple calendars into a single view, and Palm syncing."

(just to toss out a link that everyone's probably already seen)

carlos