Hi everyone,

I'm beginning work on project for one of my classes at the U. and I hope
to publish the results in one of the educational technology journals.
My goal is to write a piece advocating for open standards, protocols,
and open source as a hedge against schools being trapped by their
reliance on the non-open versions. Case in point: my district is looking
at spending $50-75k over the next year or so up upgrade all the MS
Office licenses we have.

My initial searches of the educational literature indicate that very
little has been written on this topic. My article is going to be
directed toward non-Geek educational leaders who are concerned about the
costs, security, etc. of their current technology systems.

Does anyone have an interesting article, book, etc. that you think would
be relevant here? There are some classics obviously (e.g., Cathedral and
the Bazaar), but I'm looking for other less well known ones. I promise
to remember all of you when I'm a big shot professor doling out wisdom
from my ivory tower. :-)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com