I just embarked in some linux/unix online training.
http://www.useractive.com/oreilly/    I got on a deal for half price that ended
a few days ago but even at their regular prices it is very competative to the
tech/college route.  So far I'm learning alot, fast.

 I'll be putting a linux box into production in an as/400 shop in about four
weeks and finaly have a compelling reason to do something I've wanted to do for
years.  I'm contracting for the installation and setup of the OS and application
so it will be going when I get it.

Six years ago I was a bindery operator and am now full time manager,
administrator, wire puller one-man-show in a shop with 2 as/400s one running a
domino mail/web server , 25 win pc users and can tell you there is no glammer in
the geek world but some of this stuff is so way cool!
kevin