On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 03:02:00PM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> Just noticed in my logs:
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-8
>
> block-major-8 is "SCSI disk devices", but .config says
>
> CONFIG_SCSI=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y
> CONFIG_SD_EXTRA_DEVS=40
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=y
> CONFIG_SR_EXTRA_DEVS=2
> CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG=y
> CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG_QUEUES=y
> CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
> CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
>
> What else should block-major-8 require?

Well, the main thing module block-major-8 would require is to be a
module.

If you wanted to check exactly which one you could grep block-major-8
from /etc/modules.conf, and you can see what it's aliased to.

--
Brian Hicks <http://eight.dhs.org> <hick0142 at umn.edu> <PGP:0xADDD1F16>
   'At Zango Transportation Concepts, our motto is "Caveat Emptor"