On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:02:03PM -0500, Brian D. Hicks wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 11:38:45AM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > $ ls /proc/scsi/
> > aha152x/  scsi  sg/  usb-storage-0/
>
> I'd suggest you cat /proc/scsi/scsi and make sure the reader is listed,
> for one.

Nope, it's not.  /proc/scsi/scsi only shows the CD-R drive.

> I'd also make sure that the drive is listed in usbview (and make sure
> that usb-storage is listed under the Name: of it's interface)

usbview complains that it can't open /proc/bus/usb/devices and says
to make sure the kernel has USB support (the dmesg output I sent
earlier seems to confirm that) and the usbdevfs filesystem is
mounted.  Which it isn't.  So, referring to linux-usb.org:

# mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb
mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist
# mkdir /proc/bus/usb
mkdir: cannot create directory `/proc/bus/usb': No such file or directory

(Not that I'm surprised to see mkdir fail under /proc...)

OTOH, according to /usr/src/linux/.config:

# CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS is not set

As for what _is_ set:

CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=y

I suppose I'll turn on the "Preliminary USB device filesystem" and
see what that buys me...

> Are you sure the media is partitioned, formatted, and mount is using the
> right filesystem?

I formatted it (presumably as vfat) with the camera.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss