Anyone here with knowledge of running a webcam under Linux?  Specifically,
I'm using a DLink DSB-C100 under Mandrake 8.2, using a package called
Motion to detect movement on the webcam.  All is well, with the exception
of picture quality, the pictures are VERY dark.  The same camera gives
very good pictures under Windows, and the clarity is the same under Linux,
just very dark.  The camera has auto-brightness adjustment, and I've also
tried turning on the auto-brightness setting in Motion, but no dice.

--
  I___________I__I I            I I   I  I     I  I   I II  o o o o o o o II

   Currently 77°F in Eden Prairie, MN,
   but it feels like 78°F