Well how about bringing a laptop with you while you go trucking. I'm sure
there are some down times while you are getting loaded or unloaded or waiting
for places to open etc.. where you could sit and futz around on a linux
laptop. You can run apache, mysql, etc al. on the laptop and give yourself
some time to learn them. This won't help much with learning networking, but
it's a start.. oh yea. you could also learn some programming/scripting if
that interests you.

Just some thoughts!

Nick