On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 09:59:31AM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
>Last week I had a mail server crash, so I set up a new Redhat 7.3 server
>for mail and web. I have manually added the users, and was pretty happy to
>resolve the problem. it now looks like the PC I used is unstable, so I have
>to move everything to another box. Can I just pop the HD into another box,
>and let it find new hardware? if not, I could use some info on what files
>to backup and restore to the new box, so I am able to preserve users,
>passwords, and mail.

As long as the hardware config is basically the same yes. If you're using
redhat's kernels and still have kudzu turned on, it should walk you right
through integrating the new hardware and removing config of the old stuff.

When i say "Basically the same" i mean as long asi you're not moving the
hdd from an x86 to a sparc or alpha ;-)