On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 01:49:51PM -0500, Jim Streit (jimstreit at northlans.com) wrote:
> I'm tring to dual boot a box with Windows 2000 and Redhat 7.3.
> Heres what I've tried so far.
>
> Installed Win 2000 on the first 7.5 gb of drive, leaving a little
> bit of space before the 1024 cylinder boot limit.
> Installed RedHat 7.3
>
> The first time I installed RH I placed GRUB in the MBR.  I could
> boot RH fine, but I couldn't boot to Windows.

It's easiest if you install Windows first, then Linux, then use grub as
your bootloader.

You'll need to add an entry in your grub.conf that looks something like this:

title Windows 2000
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

hd0,0 says first partition of your first drive, which it should be if
you install Windows first.

There are several howto guides on this topic.  Look at www.tldp.org or
google-search.

--