On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:49:51 -0500 (CDT)
"Jim Streit" <jimstreit at northlans.com> wrote:

> I'm tring to dual boot a box with Windows 2000 and Redhat 7.3.
> Heres what I've tried so far.
>
> Installed Win 2000 on the first 7.5 gb of drive, leaving a little
> bit of space before the 1024 cylinder boot limit.
> Installed RedHat 7.3
>
> The first time I installed RH I placed GRUB in the MBR.  I could
> boot RH fine, but I couldn't boot to Windows.

I ran into the same issue with RH 7.2 doing the same thing.  I switched
from GRUB to LILO and was/am able to boot fine.  I also found for some
reason that Win2k doesn't erase the boot sector like Win9x/Me/XP does.

--
Shawn

sfertch at real-time.com

Riding to find a cure for MS.  To help sponsor my ride (July 21-26,
2002)
for Multiple Sclerosis:
https://www.nationalmssociety.org/pledge/pledge.asp?participantid=49466