> I wonder if the bluetooth stuff works under linux.

don't see why it shouldn't.

Nate tells me that the wireless bluetooth headsets are actually another
'telephone device' the the cellphone acutally *forwards* calls to.
what I'd really like to do with something like that, is have a linux box at
home, with a bluetooth card/dongle on it, that is plugged into my wired
phones at home. so the cellphone just forwards calls to the linux box, which
makes the analog phones ring. I get the advantages of wired phones (cheap,
can put many throughout the house), with the advantage of the cellphone
(cheaper service in some cases).

something like that Internet PhoneJack thing should be able to generate
dialtone, right? I just need to build some sort of linux PBX to handle the
bluetooth/cellphone <-> wired phone connection.

at least that's what I'm guessing so far... I admit that I don't know diddly
squat about telephones, and I know that things are a *lot* more complicated
than I lay out above. (getting voltage to ring the phones, etc).

anyone ever built a linux PBX? with analog phones?

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises