I'm looking forward to the installfest next weekend, but I wanted to
be prepared.  I have an old Laptop without CDROM that I want to
install linux on.  I'm more familiar with RedHat or Suse, but I'll go
for anything that works!

My Equipment:
Laptop TS30AS, 486 75mhz, 12MB RAM, 500MB HD, Floppy, but no CD-ROM. (http://www.tjunker.com/TS30AS.html)

I've also bought a US Robotics / Megaherts PCMCIA Card (10mb LAN +
28.8 modem) but I don't have it infront of me to see the model number.
I plan to use this at home to connect to my linksys router and the
internet.  Besides a little light browsing and email, I would like
to do word processing (any text editor will do), and maybe use a
spreadsheet.

I also have the 2 1/2" to 3 1/2" HD mounting kit, so I could copy
stuff onto the Laptop HD from my desktop.  Would it be easier to do
this rather than a network (or floppy) install?

I have install CDROMS for RH 7.3, Suse 8.0, and FreeBSD 4.6

TIA,
Mike Nixon