Ok, so ATT just launched their GSM network here in Minneapolis.  Perfect
timing since my 8260 just died.  So, being there are many people on this
list who might know, or might be able to put me in touch with someone who
would know....  I read awhile back that ATT found a way to lock their SIM's
so they will only work in an ATT locked GSM phone, not in an unlocked phone.
Is this true?  I know ATT locks their phones, but their SIM's too?

I want to get an Ericcson t68i, but ATT doesn't provide it, so I'll have to
buy an unlocked one somewhere.  But if ATT's SIM doesn't work in an unlocked
phone, I guess I'm stuck with the t68 (not the i).

Also, ATT's GPRS data pricing is outrageous.  7.99 for 1MB, and 12.99 for
2MB.  At GPRS speeds, you could easily go over your limit in just 10
minutes.  GPRS is expensive through any provider, but ATT is double the
price of Voicestream.  I'd switch providers, but I don't want to lose my
phone number.  Some politicians are trying to pass laws that would make it
possible for your number to follow you, like it does in the UK, but
obviously cell providers here are "donating" big money to not have these
laws pass.  Number portability would increase competition and benefit the
consumer since the #1 reason people don't switch providers is because they
don't want to change their number.

If anyone knows anything about the SIM issue, or knows someone at ATT that
could tell me, please let me know.  Also, if anyone knows of a good source
for unlocking cables or clips for the t68(i), please tell.

Jay