At 09:39 AM 1/30/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Here's a hypothetical question that I've been toying with.  Is it feasible to
>designate /home as /dev/fd0?  How about if the floppy in question is an
>MS-DOS disk?

Yes & no. /dev/fd0 is not a filesystem, but it is a raw image of whatever
is in the drive. You cannot address a filesystem on a floppy by writing or
reading from /dev/fd0. You can however, have home -> /mnt/floppy, but you
would need a script or scripts to mount the floppy at login, and umount it
at logout... (/etc/profile & ~/.bash_logout?) The filesystem could be
msdos, ext2, umsdos etc.. but if msdos, you would obviously lack filesystem
security...

Just a theory...

Bill