This is the portion of my httpd.conf file that I would guess needs a change.
Since my first post I have uninstalled the php4 rpm. I am open to any advice
on how to get php4 and Apache to talk.

   <IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
        LanguagePriority en da nl et fr de el it ja kr no pl pt pt-br ru ltz
ca es sv tw
    </IfModule>

    #
    # AddType allows you to tweak mime.types without actually editing it, or
    # make certain files to be certain types.
    #
    # For example, the PHP 3.x module (not part of the Apache distribution -
see
    # http://www.php.net) will typically use:
    #
    #AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
    #AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
    #
    # And for PHP 4.x, use:
    #
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    #AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

This is what I have
RedHat 7.1
uninstalled apache.rpm and installed Apache 1.3.22 from source with
mod_perl, and Apache session.

Thanks

Raymond