On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:16:31 -0600
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:

> I think people don't have enough work or things todo, that you are
> waiting for
> tclug mail to come in! :-P

Personally, I have far too much work to do.  It helps to lessen a burden
on me if I could draw upon the vast knowledge of the TCLUG list, instead
of spending many hours researching (though, at times researching can be a
better solution).  As a subscriber, I'd like to see my mails come through
within 15 to 30 minutes on any given day.  However, I know that's not
always possible.  Yet, it's a desire.  My reasons for wanting mail to come
through somewhat quickly is that if I am at work, irc doesn't go through
the firewall.  I don't have a workaround set up yet, so I tend to rely
upon the mailing list at that time.  However, most times when I post a
question it's not a "critical" issue.

> Spec, IMHO:
>
> AMD Athalon 1.3Ghz+
> 1Gb RAM+
> 60Gb+
> RAID 5 controller

Not familiar enough yet with different RAID controller setups, but
wouldn't it be highly beneficial if we split up the disk space onto
different physical disks?

I'm still learning a lot as to what's involved with Linux, and I really
don't have anything technical to give to the community but I'll do what I
can.  Which, will probably be some kind of financial contribution.

My thanks to those who have worked, and continue to work on the various
projects of TCLUG.

Shawn