> I understand why Bob ranted after this post.  Mike suggests the passive,
> use someone else's services approach, rather than the "fix the problem"
> and dedicate some resources approach.  It's a bit like buying a new car
> just because the tire's flat.

I fail to see how I am suggesting the purchase of anything.  More
accurately, I'm suggesting that our great uncle has given us a car for free
and that it would be more economical to use it rather than piecing together
our own car with parts we have laying around our yard.  While the latter
solution is arguably more interesting and challenging, it is not the
economical solution.

In other words, I see a problem and I see a pair of solutions.  One solution
costs 0 dollars and one costs $4k+ dollars plus continuing maintainence
costs.

Mike