Quoting Mike Bresnahan (mbresnah at visi.com):
> This seems like the most economical solution.  Why spend time and money
> designing, buying, configuring, and admining a mailing list server when
> there are free ones out there that work quite well?

I understand why Bob ranted after this post.  Mike suggests the passive,
use someone else's services approach, rather than the "fix the problem"
and dedicate some resources approach.  It's a bit like buying a new car
just because the tire's flat.

I don't think this is what he meant entirely, but it certainly reads
poorly.

Bob writes about his personal use, suggests IRC for real-time
discussion, and prompts for involvement from the Python developers in
our group...

    So, time to put up or shut-up. Open source is about technical people
    solving their own problems (aka scratching their own itch). Seems like
    we got a big-ass mosquito bit. Who wants to help scratch?

Ugh.  I just spent a 13+ hour day at work hacking away at shell script
and Fully Automated Install (FAI) code.  Believe you me, I embrace the
use-it-fix-it methodology.  I have two Debian packages to make good on
before Debian freezes, but following that I should be able to find the
time to help out with TCLUG sponsored projects.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)